Jan 4, 2011

Tommy Kane Draws A Crowd


This is a short film about me drawing in Cambodia. There is one scene in the film where I am surrounded by a lot of people watching me draw. A whole lot of people. Most artists do not like to perform under that kind of scrutiny. I on the other hand am insane and I thrive on that kind of situation. You can also see that the drawing I was doing in that scene was my best one in Cambodia. That kind of scene happens to me a lot. It only gets filmed if Yun, my wife, happens to be around. Usually she is off doing something else and it is too hard for me to try and set up a tripod and film it myself. At least she was able to capture that scene. It's what makes drawing fun and hard for me at the same time.

15 comments:

CherylConnell said...

Wow. that was really cool. I have never seen video of Angkor Wat before - it looks incredible. Like it would be very moving.
It looks like you had an amazing time - maybe except for that flight back! eek.
Thanks for sharing.

Cheryl

kane said...

The flight wasn't too bad. My wife and I spent a night in Korea which is only 5 hours from Cambodia. Then Korea is a 13 hour flight. So we were able to break it up.

Bob Mrotek said...

I like the color, the clean lines, the detail, the stylized blue and white ray pattern of the sky and the music. Where can I get a copy of that haunting music?

Sara Fonseca Ferreira said...

Thank you.

Sara Fonseca Ferreira said...

Thank you.

Sara Fonseca Ferreira said...

Thank you.

Sara Fonseca Ferreira said...

Sorry...i didn't want to say that so many times. It was an "Emistake"

kane said...

I like when someone thanks me over and over. Don't be sorry.

Sara Fonseca Ferreira said...

Ooops...Thanks, again.

Astroluc said...

really cool work, man... I love the Angkor Wat sketches; I did design and layout work for a travel company that journeyed there and, as a result, saw many of these temples (albeit in photos only) and am just fascinated by them.

...I admire that you can concentrate on your work with a crowd; I tend to isolate! ;)

aminsaim said...

I am happy that you have reach South East Asia region and enjoying the humid and warm/hot sweating climate. Thank you. Hopefully next stop, Malaysia.

canvas artwork said...

going to visit here soon and very excited

patmosphere said...

Brilliant! What a wonderful experience to have that buzz around you!

Sketchalina said...

such cool sketches, and a fun glimpse of your travels. thanks!

Mark Hill said...

I have been remiss in not visiting your blog more often. I see I ahve missed a lot. I absolutely love the intensity of color on your drawings. Keep up the great work!

As always I am inspired!